Players often look for a bat with a good balance between light and end-loaded, and the DeMarini 2015 Voodoo Overlord fits that bill. But, that’s not all. This is one sweet bat, equipped with all of the latest gadgets and gears a modern baseball bat could dream of. DeMarini has been a household name in the world of baseball bat manufacturing for quite some time now, and with the Voodoo Overlord, they have produced a bat that will be adored by power hitters everywhere. This bat is at the peaks of bat technology, and its well-engineered design and build give the bat a lot of advantages over its competitors.
The DeMarini 2015 bat is suitable for use in the Little Leagues. The bat is also USSSA 1.15 and BBCOR certified.
The DeMarini 2015 Voodoo Overlord is made from some of the company’s best materials. The bat is a two-piece, made of X12 Aluminum alloy. This gives the bat tremendous strength and durability, as the alloy is elastic to a certain degree. The bat’s biggest plus-point is that it is partially end-loaded. Its weight distribution and build are perfectly balanced. This allows players to swing hard and fast easily, and still get hits as clean as a wisp, with plenty of meat behind them.
The Voodoo Overlord boasts DeMarini’s new technology, the D-Fusion FT handle. This handle is flame tempered onto the barrel to give a stiff, rigid feel without any fear of snapping. The handle also eliminated all vibrations from impact, before they can reach the player. The flame tempering treatment fuses handle to the barrel and further eliminates vibrations. Another DeMarini product, the Voodoo Raw 2016 features the newer D-Fusion 2.0 handle. This handle further enhances the grip and makes the Voodoo Raw a fantastic bat for power-hitting.
This bat is one of the most effective at maximizing forward force. The D-Fusion handle re-directs the impact energy back into the bat’s barrel to increase hitting force. At the other end, the bat has the latest IonV End-Cap. This is a two-piece end-cap which also absorbs all unwanted shocks from the barrel and siphons them back into the barrel. This makes the bat very efficient at optimizing energy usage and generating forward momentum during swings.
The DeMarini 2015 Voodoo Overlord has a precision design and structure. The handle and barrel dimensions are matched meticulously to ensure a perfect complement to the player. Players will get the feeling that the Overlord has been made exclusively for them only. This superior build enables batters to get the cleanest hits and plenty of pop. The bat has optimal strength at even the thinner points and players will find it easy to swing hard and still connect to the sweet spot.
Another innovation from DeMarini on the 2015 Voodoo Overlord is the attachment of the RCKATM knob on the bat’s handle. This is a grip which gives players the ultimate ergonomic grip on their bats. The knob is anatomically designed to fold into the shape of the player’s hands as it holds to the bat, making for a snug hold. This grip feels comfortable even after holding the bat for long periods.
Feature Benefits of DeMarini 2015 Voodoo Overlord
- Aluminum X12 alloy gives bat tremendous strength and long life-span
- Perfect balance between light-weight and end-loaded makes bat very easy to swing
- D-Fusion handle eliminates impact vibrations
- IonV End-Cap absorbs impact energy and re-directs it into the barrel for raised momentum
- Flame tempering makes bat rigid and further eliminates vibrations
- RCKATM knob allows for ergonomic and comfortable grip
Pros & Cons
- Bat has the cleanest swing in the game
- Very strong and durable composition
- Maximum energy directed to swing with most efficient barrel technology
- Vibrations from impact non-existent
- Grip is comfortable and forms perfect fit
- Great forward force and momentum generated to carry ball far
- Bat offers terrific balance and power-hitting capabilities
- Bat has a bit of a breaking in process
- Can’t be used by players of any and all sizes
- Harder to make adjustments without impact vibrations
- Slight head-whip
The 2015 Voodoo Overlord is best used with a leather skin grip over the D-Fusion handle as it helps keep the grip and knob clean. It also prevents bottom-hand blisters and permits some vibrations to reach the player if needed.
1. Does the bat come with a warranty?
A. Yes. DeMarini issues a one-year warranty with the bat.
2. Is the bat one-piece or two-piece? Is it composite or alloy?
A. The bat is a two-piece. The handle is composite while the barrel is Aluminum alloy.
3. Does the bat have an end-cap?
A. Yes. The bat has the latest IonV end-cap attached to minimize vibrations.
4. What is the barrel size?
A. The bat has a 2 ¼” barrel.
The DeMarini 2015 Voodoo Overlord is a fantastic bat in every regard. It has quickly become the bat of choice for many, due to a plethora of advantages. It is a commendable bat that will let you hit home runs aplenty from the plate.